- When? June 7
- Where? Mustard Seed House, Seattle WA
The rediscovery of Celtic Christianity has been a delightful revelation for many followers of Christ in recent years. Many Christians are intrigued by this rich tradition and by the men and women who led it. They were described as God intoxicated people who lived with an intense sense of the presence of God. All of life and all of creation were embraced by the triune God whom they believed walked with them throughout life’s journey.
The invigorating prayers and traditions of this movement continue to inspire people today. Come and learn from the Celtic saints and see how this wonderful Christian tradition can enrich and empower your prayer life and your spiritual observances. This day long seminar will explore the lives of Patrick, Columba, Brigit and Brendan and the rich understanding of prayer that each of these Christian leaders brought to their faith.
Discover new ways to connect your prayer walk to your everyday life as you explore the many examples of prayer that under girded the lives of these dynamic ancient followers of Jesus. Discover a deeper understanding of prayer as you learn to write Celtic prayers based on your own life situation.
Schedule for the Day:
- 9:00 Welcome & morning prayer
- 9:30 Learning from Patrick – the all encompassing presence of Christ
- 10:30 Break
- 11:00 Learning from Columba – rhythms for life
- 1:00 Learning from Brigid & Brendan – journey into hospitality
- 2:30 – 4:00 Writing prayers for the journey
- 4:00 Sharing.
- 4:30 Closing and afternoon prayer